We are a sub-specialty group of the British Association of Dermatologist
The purpose of this group is to raise awareness of the psychosocial impact of skin disease and to promote multi-disciplinary management between dermatologists, psychiatrists and psychologists.
1. Improve national awareness of Psychodermatology within the general public, politicians, patient groups, GPs, Dermatologists, Psychiatrists, Psychologists and allied health professionals
2. Improve education and training in Psychodermatology
3. Promote research and evidence-based practice
4. Collect and disseminate relevant Psychodermatology information
5. Provide post-graduate education in Psychodermatology management
The Executive Committee meets on a regular basis.
Psychodermatology UK runs an annual meeting in January and a Specialist Interest Group session at that BAD.
There is an annual training weekend for Specialty Registrars and a training weekend is planned for Consultants.